FROSTED COCONUT MOJITOS
A fun and yummy way to get through this crazy ride called lockdown life than our very own Frosted Coconut Mojitos!
A little bit about Mojitos
“Mojito (/moʊˈhiːtoʊ/; Spanish: [moˈxito]) is a traditional Cuban highball. The cocktail often consists of five ingredients: white rum, sugar (traditionally sugar cane juice), lime juice, soda water, and Spearmint. Its combination of sweetness, citrus, and herbaceous mint flavours is intended to complement the rum; and has made the mojito a popular summer drink.
When preparing a mojito, fresh lime juice is added to sugar (or to simple syrup) and mint leaves. First, the mixture is then gently mashed with a muddler. The mint leaves should only be bruised to release the essential oils and should not be shredded. Then rum is added and the mixture is briefly stirred to dissolve the sugar and to lift the mint leaves up from the bottom for better presentation. Finally, the drink is topped with crushed ice and sparkling soda water. Mint leaves and lime wedges are used to garnish the glass.
The mojito is one of the most famous rum-based highballs. There are several versions of the mojito.“
TOTAL TIME: 20 MINS
- 3/4 cup coconut rum (we used Aluna Coconut)
- 1/2 cup canned light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup coconut water
- 1/4 cup soda water
- 1/2 cup mint simple syrup, recipe below
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, torn into pieces
- 1 1/2 cups ice, approximately
Below are the simple steps to making a great Frosted Coconut Mojito.
1. Firstly, mix all the ingredients in a blender and “pulse” until ice is crushed, and the mixture is combined. Secondly, add more ice if needed, then taste and add a little extra rum if desired.
2. Finally, add all ingredients to a small saucepan and heat over medium heat just until it bubbles, in addition, start stirring constantly until sugar dissolves. Finally, turn the heat down to low for 2 minutes, then remove and let sit to cool for 15 to 20 minutes.
Don´t forget to follow us on Instagram